Purpose of Collection:
Government publications are those issued or published under the authority of government bodies at all levels - international, national, federal, provincial/territorial, local and intergovernmental bodies. The library's collection focuses on both subject and area coverage that reflects the current teaching and research needs of the university community. As such, the collection is multidisciplinary and supports a wide range of academic programs.
Today, the vast majority of government information is available only in digital format and is acquired through consortium arrangements, subscriptions to agency databases, as well as open access agency portals.
- Emphasis is on the official publications of Canada, its provinces and territories and the City of Ottawa. Other countries emphasized include the United States, Great Britain and the Russian Federation.
- Intergovernmental organizations coverage include the European Union, the United Nations and its affiliated agencies, and the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- Language of material is generally limited to English, though some exceptions may be considered.
Types of material:
- Priority is given to electronic material but other formats will be considered.
- Pamphlets, promotional material.