Purpose of Collection:
The Health Sciences collection at MacOdrum Library supports the research activities of faculty, students and staff and the instructional requirements of undergraduate and graduate programs. Health Sciences is an area of studies within the Faculty of Science. As such, the collection also provides support for, and draws from teaching and research in a wide variety of related fields and is multidicicipinary in nature. The degrees offered focus on health at the level of the individual, populations and societies, and the health sciences programs look at the biomedical, and environmental and social determinants of health and disease.
Academic Departments & Programs Supported:
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Interdisciplinary/Collaborative/Specialized Programs include:
- Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Data Science, Geography, Mathematics and Statistics, Neuroscience, Psychology, Public Policy.
Select material of an acceptable academic/scholarlyof professional standard in the following subject fields:
- Biomedical Mechanisms of Disease
- Chronic Disease
- Developmental Origins of Disease
- Environmental Health
- Global Health
- Health Ethics
- Health Geography
- Health Policyand Promotion
- Infectious Diseases
- Occupational Health
- Maternal/Infant Health
- Public Health
- Social Sciences and Health
English. Works published in other languages are purchased very selectively at the specific request of faculty.
Types of Material
Collected: books, journals, government documents; in print & online Collected selectively: dissertations/theses, translations, textbooks, popular material, audiovisual material, conference proceedings.
- Not Collected: pamphlets, working papers, popular press items.