Purpose of Collection:
For concrete examples of our collections in action, please visit our [subject guide].
Academic Departments & Programs Supported:
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Interdisciplinary/Collaborative/Specialized Programs
- Intellectual and Cultural History
- Historiography/ Historical Theory and Method/ the Writing of History
- Public History
- Medieval History
- Protestant and Catholic Reformations
- Foreign Policy Formulation, International and Diplomatic History
- Women's History
- History of Gender and Sexuality
- Environmental History
- History of Food and Drink
- Youth and History
Primarily current material is collected with earlier material acquired to fill in a series gap, replace an important work that is missing or damaged, or in response to faculty and student recommendations.
Timeline: 800 C.E. - present
All reigions, with focus on:
- Europe (transnational)
- Central & East Central Europe
- Russia/Soviet Union & Successor States
- Japan, China, and Korea
- United States
- Latin America and Caribbean
- India and South Asia
- Middle East
English-language works will be the primary focus of the collection. Selected works in French will also be included. Works in other languages will be collected based on faculty and student requests.
- Conference Proceedings
- Government documents
No material is explicitly excluded, however some material will only be collected by faculty request.