Purpose of Collection: The International Affairs collection at Carleton Library supports the research activities of faculty, students and staff and the instructional requirements of undergraduate and graduate programs. International Affairs is an interdisciplinary area of studies within the Faculty of Public Affairs. As such, the collection also provides support for, and draws from teaching and research in a wide variety of related fields such as Political Science, EURUS, Economics, Law, History, Political Economy, Sociology and Journalism.
For concrete examples of our collections in action, please visit our subject guides for International Affairs, Global and International Studies, Migration and Diaspora Studies, Political Economy and International Business.
Academic Departments & Programs Supported:
- International Affairs: Graduate Programs
- Global and International Studies
- Infrastructure Protection and International Security
- Migration and Diaspora Studies
- Interdisciplinary/Collaborative/Specialized Programs
- International Economic Policy
- Conflict Analysis and Conflict Resolution
- Security and Defence Policy
- Health, Displacement and Humanitarian Policy
- Intelligence and International Affairs
- International Organizations and Global public Policy
- Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
- International Development Policy
Canada and International.
English language works will be the primary focus of the collection. Works in other languages may be acquired through faculty and student requests.
Types of Material
Books, journals, government documents, dissertation/theses, films, textbooks.
Pamphlets, working papers, popular material.