The Maps, Data & Government Information Centre has a large format scanner capable of scanning maps up to 44" wide. The following is the service policy for this equipment:
- Access to the Large Format Scanner will be offered to currently enrolled Carleton University students, faculty and staff.
- All materials to be scanned must be from the Carleton Library collection, or have a demonstrated research, instructional or non-commercial purpose.
- All materials to be scanned must be evaluated as to the condition and suitability so as not to damage the item or the scanner.
- Scanning will be done by MADGIC staff on every Wednesday between 9am – 5pm. Please attach this form to the map(s) that you’d like scan and place it in the scanning box.
- Files will be stored on our proxy server and an email with a direct link will be sent to the student once the scanning is complete. Students will be able to directly download the files once they’ve signed the GIS Data Use Agreement.
- Scanned maps will be catalogued within 3 weeks of scanning.