Use of the New Sun Joy Maclaren Adaptive Technology Centre is restricted to Carleton students referred by the Paul Menton Centre. Privileges of the Centre are not extended to others accompanying registered students.
You must wear a mask at all times in order to comply with Carleton's Covid-19 Mask Policy.
Within the Space
- Disruptive, offensive, or inappropriate behaviour/language is prohibited. Refrain from any noise or activity that disrupts the concentration of others. The Centre is meant to be a quiet place to study.
- Booking an appointment prior to arrival is mandatory. Refrain from informal reservation of space by leaving your belongings at a workstation.
- Respect the privacy and personal space of others using the Centre.
- No eating or drinking in the Centre. Water is permitted in closed containers at the workstations.
- Scent free environment.
- Do not leave your personal belongings unattended, even for a short period of time. The Coordinator and Student Attendants are not responsible for watching your belongings.
- JMC Student Attendants and other Library staff close the Centre 15 minutes before the Library closes. No patron is permitted in the Centre after it closes.
Use of Equipment
- You must reserve a workstation in advance. Rooms can be booked 2 hours at a time, for a maximum for 4 hours per workstation per day.
- Sign in on arrival to the Centre
- Transfer your computer files to another location; do not leave files on the Centre's computers. Installing unauthorized software on computers is prohibited.
- A laser printer is connected to all workstations. Printing is restricted to your academic use only. Be considerate and resourceful in your use of printed copies. We accept donations of blank paper.
Please note: Violation of these guidelines may lead to loss of privileges at the New Sun Joy Maclaren Adaptive Technology Centre.