What is it?
The overall goal of the Student Library Advisory Committee is to enhance library services to better meet evolving student needs. We engage in open conversation about library resources and services.
Students on the committee will provide constructive feedback to help improve library resources, services, and physical and digital spaces. You will develop ideas for creating a better student experience at the library.
The Committee is on hiatus for the 2021/22 academic year.
h3 When does it meet? /h3
We're planning to meet 5 times this year: 3 times in Fall Term and twice in Winter Term. The first meeting of the 2019/20 year will be Wednesday, September 25, from 1:30-3:00pm.
h3 What’s in it for you? /h3
- Help improve the student experience at the library
- Add to your resume and your Co-Curricular Record
- Learn more about your library
- Gain committee experience
- Meet new people
Expectations of Students:
- Look for opportunities to improve our library and communicate the needs of students to library staff
- Facilitate and strengthen communication between the library and the general student body
- Participate in and/or help to recruit students for user research
- Attend committee meetings
- Normally, up to 20 student members representing a broad cross-section of faculties and years of study from both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Two library staff members, who will co-chair the group. Depending on the issues to be discussed, other library staff members may be invited to meetings.
Meetings will occur two or three times per term. Additional meetings may be called if required. Meetings last 1 ½ - 2 hours, and snacks are provided.
- Co-chairs: library staff members will co-chair the group
- Agendas: One co-chair calls for agenda items from all members
- Notes: Notes will be taken at every meeting by one of the co-chairs. All meeting notes will be made publicly available after approval by the committee.
- Library staff members will report to Library leadership and will provide updates to library committees as appropriate
- There is no requirement for quorum for the committee.
Co-chairs are committed to transparency of process including reporting results of decisions related to student suggestions and ideas.
- January 26, 2021 (pdf)
- December 2, 2020 (pdf)
- November 2, 2020 (pdf)
- September 29, 2020 (pdf)
- March 12, 2020 (pdf)
- January 23, 2020 (pdf)
- November 27, 2019 (pdf)
- October 30, 2019 (pdf)
- September 25, 2019 (pdf)
- February 27, 2018 (pdf)
- January 17, 2018 (pdf)
- November 1, 2017 (pdf)
- September 26, 2017 (pdf)
- March 7, 2017 (pdf)
- January 25, 2017 (pdf)
- November 22, 2016 (pdf)
- September 28, 2016 (pdf)
- March 29, 2016 (pdf)
- February 4, 2016 (pdf)
- October 7, 2015 (pdf)
- November 24, 2015 (pdf)