Applications for the 2022-23 Committee are now closed. Thanks for your interest!
What is it?
The overall goal of the Student Library Advisory Committee is to enhance library services to meet evolving student needs through open conversation about library resources and services.
Students on the committee help to improve library resources, services, and physical and digital spaces by developing ideas for creating a good student experience at the library.
In 2022-23, committee members will work in small groups on one idea or project. The planned structure is as follows:
- Kick-off meeting in September to determine the ideas or projects for the year, and divide the committee into working groups
- Each working group decides how they will develop their idea or carry out their project and sets a timeline, with help from the library staff co-chairs as needed
- Working groups determine their own meeting schedules, with support from the library staff co-chairs as needed
- Working groups report back to the full Student Library Advisory Committee
- Library staff co-chairs determine with the working groups how to carry forward their recommendations or results to the rest of the library
Expectations of Students:
- Attend the kick-off meeting and share your ideas (note that attendance does not have to be in-person)
- Participate in your working group (depending on the project, this also does not have to be in-person)
- Communicate with the library staff co-chairs
- Have some fun
The committee can be added to students' Co-Curricular Records, based on participation in committee activities.
- Approximately 12 student members representing a broad cross-section of faculties and years of study from both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Two library staff members, who will co-chair the group. Depending on the issues to be discussed, other library staff members may be invited to meetings.
Co-chairs are committed to transparency of process including reporting results of decisions related to student suggestions and ideas.
- January 26, 2021 (pdf)
- December 2, 2020 (pdf)
- November 2, 2020 (pdf)
- September 29, 2020 (pdf)
- March 12, 2020 (pdf)
- January 23, 2020 (pdf)
- November 27, 2019 (pdf)
- October 30, 2019 (pdf)
- September 25, 2019 (pdf)
- February 27, 2018 (pdf)
- January 17, 2018 (pdf)
- November 1, 2017 (pdf)
- September 26, 2017 (pdf)
- March 7, 2017 (pdf)
- January 25, 2017 (pdf)
- November 22, 2016 (pdf)
- September 28, 2016 (pdf)
- March 29, 2016 (pdf)
- February 4, 2016 (pdf)
- October 7, 2015 (pdf)
- November 24, 2015 (pdf)