Updated: September 4, 2020 (printing and photocopying available; curbside and mailing service includes some other collections)
The Library's online resources remain accessible, and research support is still available online.
Visiting the Library
As of August 24, Level 2, the ground level, is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with limited staff. This is the next stage in our reopening plan and has been guided by public health.
Before you come in, find out what you need to know about visiting the building.
Accessing Library Resources
See full information about accessing physical items in the library.
Curbside Pick-up and Mail Delivery of Print Collection
Carleton University Library is now offering curbside pick-up and mail delivery for our print collection while the library facility is closed. This service is guided by public health recommendations and the province's essential services order. Eligible items in the first phase are those that are in our collection and not available from HathiTrust Temporary Access Service (HTAS) and online (eBook).
Some of our non-print collections (e.g. DVDs, games) are included in this service, although certain items are not available for mail delivery. See Accessing Physical Items, Other Physical Marterials for details.
Accessing Library Services
Archives and Special Collections (including Ottawa Resource Collection)
- There is no access to the physical material that comprise the Ottawa Resource Collection, archival collections, and rare books collection.
- All general inquiries and reference questions concerning Archives & Special Collections should be sent via email to: email@example.com.
- The reserves desk is closed. Faculty and staff who need material for the current and upcoming terms should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Students should check Ares for material and contact staff with any questions.
GIS Software and Workstations
Graduate Study Spaces
- Graduate Study Spaces will not be offered in Fall 2020.
- Due to the closure of the Library, return of keys for graduate study rooms from 2019/20 will be postponed to a later date. No fines will be incurred.
- Interlibrary Loans is open for electronic materials only. Requests submitted in RACER are being monitored regularly by staff. Please email any questions to email@example.com.
Library Service Desk
- As of August 24, the Library Service Desk is open for directional information only
- For questions regarding renewals, library accounts, holds, and returning material please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a complete suspension of late fees right now.
New Sun Joy Maclaren Adaptive Technology Centre
- As of August 24, the Centre is open by appointment only. See information about Library Accessibility Services.
If you need research support assistance please contact us one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Online chat: https://library.carleton.ca/help
- Texting: 613-505-4245
- Group study rooms are not available for booking. These rooms are now for individual use only on a first come, first served basis.
- Classrooms and meeting rooms in the library are not available for booking.
- Transcription Services is currently taking requests for digitization. Please email LibraryAccessibility.Services@carleton.ca for more information.
- To access available e-books through the ACE portal, please contact Transcription Services for a token. Please check ARES for course readings.
Other Services in the Library
Centre for Student Academic Support (e.g. Writing Services)
The Centre for Student Academic Support (CSAS) is providing their services remotely.
The Discovery Centre is currently closed.
Pagebreak is currently closed.
Printing and Photocopying (CU on the GO)
The CU on the GO machines (printers/copiers/scanners) are available for use.
COVID-19: Carleton University's Coronovirus Information (with links to municipal, provincial, federal, and international information)