Updated: April 1 (building closure until further notice); March 2 (Interlibrary loans update)
The Library's online resources remain accessible, and research support is still available online.
Visiting the Library
The library building is closed from April 2 until further notice, due to the new provincial restrictions.
Level 2, the ground level, is now open. Level 2 is open weekdays to currently enrolled Carleton students, and current Carleton faculty, instructors, and staff for limited hours with limited staff. This is the next stage in our reopening plan and has been guided by public health.
Before you come in, find out what you need to know about visiting the building. You must complete a COVID-19 screening form before entering the library.
Accessing Library Resources
See full information about accessing physical items in the library.
Curbside Pick-up and Mail Delivery of Print Collection
Curbside pick-up and mail delivery for our print collection remains available. This service is guided by public health recommendations and the province's essential services order. Eligible items in the first phase are those that are in our collection and not available from HathiTrust Temporary Access Service (HTAS) and online (eBook).
Some of our non-print collections (e.g. DVDs, games) are included in this service, although certain items are not available for mail delivery. See Accessing Physical Items, Other Physical Marterials for details.
Accessing Library Services
Archives and Special Collections (including Ottawa Resource Collection)
- All general inquiries and reference questions concerning Archives & Special Collections should be sent via email to: email@example.com.
- Contactless access to ASC collections is suspended for now.
- The reserves desk is closed. Faculty and staff who need material for the current and upcoming terms should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Students should check Ares for material and contact staff with any questions.
GIS Software and Workstations
Graduate Study Spaces
- Graduate Study Spaces are not available.
- ILL services are available for current faculty, staff and students. Due to libraries operating with limited capacity, users may see longer than normal turnaround times before receiving materials and if the material is available through HathiTrust ETAS, the lending institution will not be able to lend the print item. Once materials are delivered to Carleton, users will have the option of picking up the material through our curbside service or having the items mailed to them. Requests should be submitted through RACER. Please email any questions to email@example.com.
Library Service Desk
- The Library Service Desk is open for directional information only
- For questions regarding renewals, library accounts, holds, and returning material please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a complete suspension of late fees right now.
New Sun Joy Maclaren Adaptive Technology Centre
- The Centre is closed until the building reopens. See information about Library Accessibility Services.
If you need research support assistance please contact us one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Online chat: https://library.carleton.ca/help
- Texting: 613-505-4245
- Group study rooms are not available for booking. These rooms are for individual use only on a first come, first served basis when the building is open.
- Classrooms and meeting rooms in the library are not available for booking.
- Transcription Services continue to take requests for digitization after the holiday break. Please email LibraryAccessibility.Services@carleton.ca for more information.
- To access available e-books through the ACE portal, please contact Transcription Services for a token. Please check ARES for course readings.
Other Services in the Library
Centre for Student Academic Support (e.g. Writing Services)
The Centre for Student Academic Support (CSAS) is providing their services remotely.
The Discovery Centre is currently closed.
Pagebreak is currently closed.
Printing and Photocopying (CU on the GO)
The CU on the GO machines (printers/copiers/scanners) on the ground floor of the library are not available while the building is closed.
Carleton Branch of COOL Research Data Centre
The Carleton RDC is open.
COVID-19: Carleton University's Coronovirus Information (with links to municipal, provincial, federal, and international information)