Updated: January 15 (clarification about stay-at-home order), December 22 (building closure due to new provincial restrictions)
Our services under the new stay-at-home order remain the same as they were under the previous lockdown. Curbside pick-up, mail delivery, and scan on demand continue. The library building remains closed. The Library's online resources remain accessible, and research support is still available online.
Visiting the Library
The library building is closed until further notice, due to the new provincial restrictions.
Accessing Library Resources
See full information about accessing physical items in the library.
Curbside Pick-up and Mail Delivery of Print Collection
Curbside pick-up and mail delivery for our print collection is available while the library facility is closed. This service is guided by public health recommendations and the province's essential services order. Eligible items in the first phase are those that are in our collection and not available from HathiTrust Temporary Access Service (HTAS) and online (eBook).
Some of our non-print collections (e.g. DVDs, games) are included in this service, although certain items are not available for mail delivery. See Accessing Physical Items, Other Physical Marterials for details.
Accessing Library Services
Archives and Special Collections (including Ottawa Resource Collection)
- All general inquiries and reference questions concerning Archives & Special Collections should be sent via email to: email@example.com.
- Contactless access to ASC collections is suspended until the library building reopens.
- The reserves desk is closed. Faculty and staff who need material for the current and upcoming terms should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Students should check Ares for material and contact staff with any questions.
GIS Software and Workstations
Graduate Study Spaces
- Graduate Study Spaces are not available.
- Interlibrary Loans is open for electronic materials only. Requests submitted in RACER are being monitored regularly by staff. Please email any questions to email@example.com.
Library Service Desk
- For questions regarding renewals, library accounts, holds, and returning material please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a complete suspension of late fees right now.
New Sun Joy Maclaren Adaptive Technology Centre
- The Centre is closed until the library building reopens.
See information about Library Accessibility Services.
If you need research support assistance please contact us one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Online chat: https://library.carleton.ca/help
- Texting: 613-505-4245
- Transcription Services continue to take requests for digitization after the holiday break. Please email LibraryAccessibility.Services@carleton.ca for more information.
- To access available e-books through the ACE portal, please contact Transcription Services for a token. Please check ARES for course readings.
Other Services in the Library
Centre for Student Academic Support (e.g. Writing Services)
The Centre for Student Academic Support (CSAS) is providing their services remotely.
The Discovery Centre is currently closed.
Pagebreak is currently closed.
Printing and Photocopying (CU on the GO)
The CU on the GO machines (printers/copiers/scanners) in the library are unavailable while the building is closed.
Carleton Branch of COOL Research Data Centre
The Carleton RDC is not open during the building closure.
COVID-19: Carleton University's Coronovirus Information (with links to municipal, provincial, federal, and international information)