Carleton’s library GIS Team is accepting nominations and applications for the 2022 Esri Canada GIS scholarship. Application deadline is April 30th, 2022.
The Esri Canada GIS Scholarship Award program provides software, books, training, funding and other benefits to students at colleges and universities across Canada.
Esri Canada GIS Scholarships are only awarded to students currently enrolled at a participating institution in Canada. You may apply if you are set to graduate in Spring 2022 or Fall 2022.
Requirements for applicants:
- A minimum B+ or equivalent average in overall GPA (this is not overly strict and we may consider applicants that do not meet this requirement. However, you may be asked to provide a copy of your transcript.)
- An ArcGIS Story Map OR a poster 24 in (w) by 36 in (h) demonstrating a special project, lab work, or research using ArcGIS software
- Completed significant course work and/or research using Esri technology.
The deadline to apply is April 30th, 2022. To apply to Carleton University’s Esri Canada’s GIS Scholarship you must email the following to email@example.com
- Email subject heading - Esri GIS Scholarship 2022 – First Name, Last Name
- Cover letter introducing yourself and project proposal brief (project may be based on previous course projects or research) that does not exceed two pages written. You may include additional pages of images, maps, or figures for reference.
- An ArcGIS Story Map OR a poster 24 in (w) by 36 in (h) demonstrating a special project, lab work, or research using ArcGIS software.
- List one reference, either a Carleton faculty member or coop placement/practicum supervisor, and their contact information.
Requirements for the Winner
In order to receive the award, you will need to submit a poster and a report (1000 words max.) that demonstrates your use of Esri technology in a project or research. You are encouraged to submit the report as an ArcGIS StoryMap. The poster and report can be based on work or research you have, previously, completed for course work.
All required information and documents, including a poster and report, must be received by Esri Canada before the candidate will be confirmed as a scholarship recipient and no later than June 1, 2021.
- A one-time payment of $1500
- A three-year term license of ArcGIS for Student Use
- A three-year Professional-level subscription to the ArcGIS Developer Program (ADP), which includes ArcGIS Enterprise for development
- Digital copies of select Esri Press Publications including:
- Python Scripting for ArcGIS Pro
- Getting to Know Web GIS, 4th Edition
- Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro 2.8
- GIS for Science Volume 2: Applying Mapping and Spatial Analytics.
- Two instructor-led training courses offered by Esri Canada
- Registration for one of Esri Canada’s User Conferences.
- A personal and editable profile in the Esri Canada GIS Scholarship Web Portal.
- Eligibility to apply for the Esri Canada Associate GIS Professional Program in their year of graduation•