These links can be useful when looking for more information on a variety of topics: citing; the Census; Official Statistics; help using statistics; other data organizations; and many other topics. For help about Data Services, different datasets and statistical programs, please see our Online Help.
- Data Interest Group for Reference Services (DIGRS) - This Web Log has been created to document a variety of reference interviews and the types of answers that have been given. It is under the direction of Chuck Humphrey, the Data Library Coordinator at the University of Alberta.
- DLI Training Repository - Contains training sessions & workshop presentations from DLI & other national & international conferences over the years. This web module may only be accessed from the institutional networks of Canadian postsecondary institutions participating in the Data Liberation Initiative (DLI). If you are a student or a member of a participating institution and you are unable to access these pages through your institutional network, please inform the DLI contact at your institution.
- How to Cite Statistics Canada Products - This electronic product shows how to cite all standard products offered by Statistics Canada. In addition to books, articles, analytical studies and periodicals, this work covers non-traditional products.
- OFFSTATS - Official Statistics on the Web - can be searched by country, region or topic.
- Open Data Repositories - Canada - Canadian provinces and municipalities are providing data for free to the public. Not all open data have geospatial components but if you are seeking municipal-level data in Canada - especially outside Ontario - open data repositories are a good place to start.
- The Business & Community Newsletter - This newsletter includes articles and outreach materials that will aid with the understanding of national and local data from the Statistics Canada website.
Joe Anonymous - The Joe Anonymous video explains how Statistics Canada anonymizes the data they collect
Raynald’s SPSS tools - A very useful site providing information about using SPSS. There are over 675 sample syntax, macros and scripts that can be downloaded and used as well as numerous links to a variety of tutorials for SPSS. Comments and questions are always welcome.
R - Provides information to help users learn R. Other information includes: add-on products for SAS, SPSS and R; calling R from other software; and using Excel for data entry.
R Tutorial for Beginners: A Quick Start-Up Kit - Learn R: A Statistical Programming Language
Web Interface for Statistics Education (WISE) - Features interactive statistics tutorials, statistics applets, and links to glossaries, journals, and other related statistics sites
UCLA Academic Technology Services: Statistical Computing - Gives an overview on statistical computing and describes how you can access web-based tutorials for STATA, SAS, SPSS, R and other packages.
Statistics Glossary - Website that gives the definition for the majority of statistical terms and concepts.
- DINO (Data in Ontario)
- ACCOLEDS (A COPPUL Consortium of Library Electronic Data Services)
- IASSIST (International Association of Social Science Information Service and Technology)
- IFDO (International Federation of Data Organizations)
- CESSDA (Council of European Social Science Data Archives)
These links would be useful to those who mark-up and publish Statistics Canada microdata files for <odesi>. These documents can also be used to mark-up microdata files from other data producers.
- Best Practices Document: Based on DDI 2.x
- Publishing Microdata to <odesi> Using Nesstar Publisher 4.x (using DDI 2.x)
- Publishing Microdata to <odesi> Using Nesstar Publisher 4.x: Quick Rederence Guide
If you would like to be informed when updates are made to these documents, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This page highlights additional links of interest for: General Interest; People; Economics; the Nation; Land and Resources; and Public Opinion Polls.
These pages contain links to presentations given.
- Carleton Research Data Centre, Branch Office (.pdf)
- Introduction to Research Data Management - Graduate Professional Development (.pdf)
- Data Services - PECO 5001 (.pdf)
- Introduction to SPSS (.pdf)
- Introduction to Stata (.pdf)
- Introduction to R (.pdf)
- Data Services for BUSI 6903/5983 (.pdf)
- Data Best Practices - GEOG3000 / ENST3900 (.pdf)
- Data Services for SOWK 3002 (.pdf)
- The DDI Alliance Training Committee: What's it all about? (EDDI 2020)(.pdf)
- What can DDI do for you? An Introduction to the DDI (EDDI 2020) (.pdf)
- RDM and the Tri-Council (.pdf)
- Data Services - Grad Health Sciences (.pdf)
- Research Data Management - What is it? - ALDS 6101 (.pdf)
- Data Services - Grad Economics (.pdf)
- Canadian Centre for Data development and Economic Research (CDER) (.pdf)
- The Data Reference Interview (.pdf)
- Research Data Management: What's it all about? - GradNavigate (.pdf)
- Data Services - ISAP 1001 (.pdf)
- Data Services - MPAD 2003 (.pdf)
- RDM - What's it all about? - IRM 3003 (.pdf)
- Data Services and RDM - INAF 6001-6002 (.pdf)
- Data Services - ECON 3920 (.pdf)
- Introduction to DDI: Basic Concepts and How to Develop Skills for Training Researchers (.pdf)
- DMPs: Hmmm, I think I know what they are but ...? (.pdf)
- Introduction to DDI: for the Uninitiated (.pdf)
- Data - what's it all about? - Longfields-Davidson (.pdf)
- Research Data Management - CLUE (.pdf)
- Research Data Management - SLAS (.pdf)
- Research Data Management - Carleton Scholar (.pdf)
- Data Services - SOWK6202 (.pdf)
- Research Data Management: What is it and What's Happening in Ontario (.pdf)
- Data Services - Grad Psych (.pdf)
- Bagels & Banter (.pdf)
- What is RDM? Why Should I Care? (SP) (.pdf)
- DDI: What is it? How is it Used? (ODC) (.pdf)
- RDM - Help! A Case Study (DLI) (.pdf)
- Data Services - SOWK5608 (Updated) (.pdf)
- Data Services - Business 2208 (.pdf)
- Data Services - Sprott PhD (.pdf)
- Research Data Managment for Research Facilitators (.pdf)
- Data Services - Communications (.pdf)
- Portage & Data Management Plans in Canada: Policies, Templates & Platforms (.pdf)
- Data Services - Health Sciences (.pdf)
- Data Services - Journalism (.pdf)
- Data Services - Political Science (.pdf)
- Data Services - Psychology (.pdf)
- Data Services - Sociology 3002 (.pdf)
- "What next? Preserving and managing your data when the research is done" (.pdf)
- What are Data? What are Statistics? Why do they matter to me? (.pdf)