Carleton has a select number of videos available for unlimited user access. Carleton's license also includes classroom use.
When off campus, select "Visit the Carletonca Collection" then select "Log in to Carletonca". For more information, please refer to Getting started with Kanopy for academic users.
Kanopy streaming video can be accessed from any device, including ROKU, iOS and Android. For individual apps, please check your devices's App Store.
- Full screen mode and playback speeds can be adjusted upon clicking the "Play" button of the video.
- Most videos are closed-captioned.
- Transcripts are also available by clicking on "Enable Transcripts" icon on bottom right of video player.
- Refer to Kanopy's article displaying closed captions, subtitles and transcripts for further information.
- To access additional features such as creating a Clip/Playlist, adding comments or sharing via social media, a personal login is recommended.
- We do NOT recommend using your MyCarletonOne login credentials when creating a personal Kanopy account.
- Kanopy requires you to reactivate your personal account every 3 months. You can either follow the prompts within your account or follow the "On the Kanopy Website" section in Kanopy's reactivating a library membership article.
Further information is available at the Kanopy Help page