Regulations, Directives and Decisions constitute secondary law, published in the Official Journal L (OJL) series.
- Regulation is binding in its entirety to all member states.
- Directive is binding on member states but each state decides the form and methods by which to implement the directive.
- Decision is binding in its entirety upon those to whom it is addressed.
Official Journal of the European Union (via EUR-Lex)
- Index to the Official Journal of the European Communities: alphabetical index and methodological table
DDR: ZZ EMY .O248 (1978 - 1997)
- Index to the Official Journal of the European Communities: monthly index
DDR: ZZ EMY .O249 (<1997-1998>)
Other Legal Sources:
- Directory of European Union legislation in force - directory to locate primary and current secondary legislation.
- Press release databases
- Bulletin of the European Union - summary of EU activities in selected policy areas from 1994 until 2005.
- Documents [microform]; COM [1968,1972-1976,1979-1981,1983]; DDM ZZ EMA .C54 <1983-2002>
- General report on the activities of the European Union; DDV ZZ EMA .G26 (1994-)
- European Political Strategy Centre analyzes hot topics in EU policy-making.