Open Data Portal The Government of Canada produces and acquires data in areas such as health, environment, agriculture, and natural resources. This website provides a "single-window" to data already published by individual departments and agencies on their public Websites. The pilot project is intended to improve the ability of the public to find, download and use Government of Canada data. You are invited to search the catalogue, download datasets. For more data holdings available to Carleton users see the Find Data guide.
- Subjects for current releases
- Census Program links to census results from 1996 to 2011
- Census Profile (2011 Census)
- NHS Profile, 2011
- Community Profiles (2006 Census)
- Finding and Using Statistics This guide provides quick tips on how to find, read and use data.
- Definitions, Data Sources and Methods has terminology and methodology information for Statistics Canada surveys. Direct access to questionnaires is also provided.
- Statistics Canada databases:
- CANSIM II (via CHASS) Useful for statistical users who want to manipulate the data. Updated weekly.
- Canadian Census Analyser (via CHASS) has older census data as well as 2011 at most levels of geography.
- Trade Analyser (via CHASS) Includes tables for world trade, and separate extensive tables for Canadian imports and exports.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Community Information Database (CID) has census data for small communities and cities as well as economic regions.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Provincial and Territorial Statistics
- List of provincial and territorial statistical offices (from Statistics Canada) Not all provinces and territories have central statistical bureaus. To find additional statistical information for a province or territory, go to their home page and search for 'statistics'.
- Alberta Government - Open Data
- Alberta Treasury Board and Finance - Economy and Statistics
- British Columbia BC Stats and the DataBC searchable website
- Manitoba Bureau of Statistics
- New Brunswick Economic and Social Indicators
- Newfoundland & Labrador Statistics Agency
- Newfoundland & Labrador Open data
- Northwest Territories Bureau of Statistics
- Nova Scotia Economics and Statistics (Dept. of Finance and Treasury Board)
- Nova Scotia Government's Open Data Portal
- Nunavut Bureau of Statistics
- Prince Edward Island Key Economic Indicators with additonal links
- Quebec Institut de la statistique has information in both English and French
- Donnees Quebec (open data for Quebec)
- Saskatchewan Bureau of Statistics
- Yukon Bureau of Statistics. See also the Yukon Socio-economic web portal for community information