The ITU is a specialized agency of the United Nations which promotes cooperation for the improvement of telecommunications around the world and deals with telecommunication issues in the global information economy and society. Publications by the ITU are mainly statistical.
Publications and Documents
- Collection of the basic texts of the International Telecommunication Union adopted by the Plenipotentiary Conference (2015)
- ITU-R Recommendations for Radiocommunication has ITU Recommendations for radiocommunication.
- ITU-T Recommendations for Telecommunications links to certain free full text access to Recommendations.
- ITU-T Recommendations by series
- International Telecommunication Standardization Sector provides free full text access to certain ITU Recommendations and international standards for the telecommunication industy.
- Measuring the Information Society Report (2017)
- World Telecommunication Development Report (1998-2003)
- World Telecommunication/ICT Development Report (2006- )
- ICT Facts and Figures features estimates for ITU's key telecommunication/ICT indicators (2017)
- ICT-Eye is a site for information and communication technologies, statistics, regulatory and policy information, national tariff policies and costing practices, and much more.
- ITU International Telecommunication Union Statistics gives basic telecommunications statistics by region, by country, by company.
- World Telecommunication/ICT Indicators Database: contains time series data for the years 1960, 1965, 1970 and annually from 1975- for around 100 sets of telecommunication/ICT statistics covering telephone network size and dimension, mobile services, Internet, quality of service, traffic, staff, tariffs, revenue and investment. Access to this database is available at one of the GIS workstations on Floor 1 of the Library (opposite the workstations that are reserved for Statistical Consultations).