- 6.5-Step U.S. Patent Search Strategy Guide University of Maine
- Guide to Patent Searching University of Texas Libraries
- Parts of a Patent Pennsylvania State University Library
- Google’s New, Simplified Patent Search Now Integrates Prior Art And Google Scholar
- Free Patents Online Provides free PDF downloads of full text U.S. patents. Check out the fun list of Crazy Patents.
- Fresh Patents Browse, keyword search or receive RSS feeds on the latest published U.S. patent application each week before the USPTO decision to grant/deny.
- Google Patents Searches patents from the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- Patent full-text and full image database Full text of US patents. Issued patents: fulltext from 1976 onwards, full page images from 1790. Published applications: since 15 March 2001.
- Web of Science Core Collection Our multidisciplinary platform connects regional, specialty, data and patent indexes to the Web of Science Core Collection, the world’s only true citation index.
- DEPATIS German Patent Information System.
- Espacenet European, Japanese, and World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Online European Patent Register Contains all published European patent applications and PCT applications with EPC Member States designation from first publication until grant (over 850,000 records).
- SAE Mobilus a vast online repository of authoritative technical content including SAE standards and technical papers.
- SciFinder Scholar Provides comprehensive information on chemical and related information, including journal articles and patents in one source.
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office Provides information on patents, trademarks, copyrights, industrial designs and integrated circuit topographies.
- Carleton University's Innovation Transfer Office Services for students and faculty include advice on how to apply for a patent, management of patent agents on prosecution, marketing of the technology to potential licences, and negotiation of licence agreements and monitoring of licences.
- European Patent Office Provides information on EPO member states and news updates. Can also search the Online European Patent Register.
- Japan Patent Office Provides news updates, committee documents, and quick guides to patent, utility model, design and trademark law. Also search the Patent Abstracts of Japan.
- SIPO State Intellectual Property Office for the People's Republic of China.
- United Kingdom Patent Office Includes information regarding patent history, news, applications, and patent law. Provides links to guides and brochures on patent information. Can also search Great Britain's Espacenet, with links to other national and international databases.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office Guides, news and link to the Patent full-text and full image database.
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office. Guide to Patents
- Filing patents online [electronic resource] : a professional guide / Sarfaraz K. Niazi.
- Fundamentals of patenting and licensing for scientists and engineers
- Patent and Trademark Information: Uses and Perspectives
- The Patent Guidebook
- Patents for chemicals, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- World Patent Information Worldwide forum for the exchange of information between people working professionally in the field of Industrial Property information and documentation and to promote the widest possible use of the associated literature.