Start your search getting an understanding of the concepts around sustainable marketing. Find research resources on the need for sustainable products and who would be most likely to use them. Start by looking for journal articles, books, trade publication articles and news on your topics.
- OMNI - The main library search as a starting point to find books and articles.
- Business Source Complete - Search for journal articles, trade journal articles, industry reports and SWOT reports for companies.
- Canadian Business and Current Affairs - A source of Canadian content including academic journals and news.
Statistics Canada Collects data on the environmental behaviour of Canadians, environmental products and green business through a collection of surveys:
Search by Subject - To find data about all aspects of Canadian society you can use the search by subject. You may try filtering your results further with the search box on the left side of the screen. Try searching for terms like environment.
Household and the Environment Survey Public Use Microdata File (PUMF) Advanced Resource - A PUMF contains anonymized response level data from a Statistics Canada survey. Using the <odesi> platform to access this survey you can create your on tables and statistics showing how Canadian's make environmental choices.
US Environmental Protection Agency
Passport - provides industry reports, market size, company profiles, market share, market segmentation, consumer expenditure, etc.
Vividata - Provides info on consumer preference and behaviour in Canada. Surveys are conducted regularly so responses are likely to reflect current conditions.
Articles on Advertising
- Business Source Complete - Search for academic articles and trade journal articles on advertising. Includes publications like Marketing Week, Advertising Age and AdWeek.
- Factiva - Search for news and trade journal publications related to advertising.
- Passport - Look for articles and podcasts to find advertising trends and strategies. Search by keywords.
- Use the excellent resource OWL - Purdue University's Online Writing Lab.
Explore the sections to find help on
Citing your sources
It is essential to understand how and when to use citations in your essays and projects to ensure the Academic Integrity of your work. Good help is available!
- Research and Citation - Guides to citation styles from OWL.
- Citing Your Sources - Carleton's general guide to resources on all the main styles including video links.
- APA Business Citations Guide - York University
- Chicago Business Citation Guide - Western University
- The Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Citing Data & Statistics