Content last reviewed:
Question 1 Analysis of a Journal Article
- 4-step source assessment (acrl.org)
- Analyzing a Scholarly Journal Article (USC)
- How to Read a Book, v5.0 (uMichigan)
- How to Read a Journal Article (ICPSR)
- How to Read a Paragraph: The Art of Close Reading (ERIC)
- It's Not Harry Potter (Inside Higher Ed)
Question 2 Reviewing a Research Project
- Conducting a Literature Review (CUL)
- Critical Review (CUL)
- How to Write Critical Reviews (uWisconsin-Madison)
- Kaplan, D. (2004). The SAGE handbook of quantitative methodology for the social sciences. SAGE.
- Lincoln, Y. S., & Denzin, N. K. (2013). Collecting and interpreting qualitative materials (Edition 4.). SAGE Publications.
- Lincoln, Y. S., & Denzin, N. K. (2017). The Sage handbook of qualitative research (Y. S. Lincoln & N. K. Denzin, Eds.; Fifth edition.). Sage.
- Onwuegbuzie, A. J., & Frels, R. (2016). 7 steps to a comprehensive literature review : a multimodal & cultural approach. SAGE.
- Rose, G. (2016). Visual methodologies : an introduction to researching with visual materials (4th edition.). SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Schwandt, T. A., & Schwandt, T. A. (2001). Dictionary of qualitative inquiry (2nd ed.). Sage Publications.
- Silverman, D., & Marvasti, A. B. (2008). Doing qualitative research : a comprehensive guide (Revised edition.). SAGE Publications.
- Sturken, M., & Cartwright, L. (2009). Practices of looking : an introduction to visual culture (2nd ed.). Oxford University Press.
- Vogt, W. P., Gardner, D. C., & Haeffele, L. M. (2012). When to Use What Research Design. Guilford Publications.
Question 3 Creating a Quantitative Questionnaire
- Gubrium, J. F., Holstein, J. A., Marvasti, A., & McKinney, K. D. (2012). The SAGE Handbook of Interview Research: The Complexity of the Craft. In The SAGE Handbook of Interview Research: The Complexity of the Craft (2nd ed.). SAGE Publications. https://doi.org/10.4135/9781452218403
- Carleton University Dataverse Collection: the research data repository for Carleton University's faculty, students, and staff.
- CURVE: Carleton's institutional repository.
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy: covering Anglo- American, ethical, political, cross-cultural, continental and interdisciplinary philosophy.
- NVivo: is a software package that helps with qualitative data analysis.
- Qualtrics Survey (site license): is web based software that allows the user to create surveys and generate reports without having any previous programming knowledge.
- ATLAS.ti: OpenAI-powered software... cutting-edge GPT model.
- Dedoose: cloud-based qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
- HyperRESEARCH: Cross-platform solution designed to help researchers perform analysis of qualitative data, create and export reports and more.
- MAXQDA: is a software program designed for computer-assisted qualitative and mixed methods data, text and multimedia analysis in academic, scientific, and business institutions.
- QDA Miner: is mixed methods and qualitative data analysis software... designed to assist researchers in managing, coding and analyzing qualitative data.