Content last reviewed:
Research Starting Points
- Passport - Get country reports for Industries, Economy, Business Conditions, Environment, Consumer Behavior and Demographics. Get company and market information.
- Business Source Complete - Get country reports, industry reports and trade journal articles.
- Factiva - Major source of international news.
- Nexis Uni - Get country, industry and company reports.
- globalEDGE - Provides an overview and data for countries as well as links to other sources.
- World Bank
- UNdata - The United Nations data portal. A good starting point if you are unsure of the source of the data you need.
- IMF - Information and data on international finance.
- OECD iLibrary
- UNCTAD - Information and data on economy and industry.
- UNESCO - Information and data on education and culture.
- ITU - Information and data on telecommunications.
- UN Comtrade - Data on international trade.
Government Sources Canadian Examples
- Trade Commissioner Service
- Export Development Canada (EDC) - India Trade Example
- Canadian Trade Investment Profile
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Immigration and Citizenship Canada
- Statistics Canada
Major consulting firms publish reports on trends affecting an industry. These include PEST factors. Major consulting firms include:
- Deloitte Insights/ Deloitte Canada
- McKinsey and Company
- Boston Consulting Group
- Ernst and Young
Citing Business Sources