This guide provides sources of information about Canadian and world-wide heritage conservation and parks.
Search Omni, the library's main search box, to easily find books or peer-reviewed journal articles on any topic.
- How to find books using Omni
- How to find journal articles using Omni
- When searching for journal articles, remember to refine your search by selecting the following options: Peer-Reviewed Journals, Articles, and Subject (optional), to obtain high quality, academic literature. Use the Omni Search Tips for more help.
- Arctic Science and Technoloigy Information System
- Canadian Business and Current Affairs
- Environment Index
- Web of Science
Note: If the library does not have what you need, you can order electronic material from other libraries through RACER, but you need to register first.
- Museology and conservation
- Parks Canada is the federal agency with the mandate on behalf of the people of Canada, to protect and present nationally significant examples of Canada's natural and cultural heritage, and foster public understanding, appreciation and enjoyment in ways that ensure their ecological and commemorative integrity for present and future generations.
- Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada
- National Parks of Canada
- National Marine Conservation Areas
- National Historic Sites
- Rideau Canal National Historic Site
- World Heritage Sites in Canada
The Evolution of the Conservation Movement, 1850-1920 - Library of Congress, American Memory Project: documents the historical formation and cultural foundations of the movement to conserve and protect America's natural heritage, through books, pamphlets, government documents, manuscripts, prints, photographs, and motion picture footage drawn from the collections of the Library of Congress.
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation - Resources
- Joint Nature Conservation Committee
- Natural England
- Wildlife reserves and designated landscapes
- ASEAN Heritage Parks
- Cultural Heritage at the Council of Europe
- European Cultural Heritage Information Network (HEREIN)
- International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM)
- International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Protected Areas
- IUCN World Heritage Natural Sites
- International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS)
- ICOMOS Canada
- Organization of World Heritage Cities
- UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- World Heritage Centre (Unesco)