- Journal articles
- Magazine articles
- Newspaper articles
- Theses and dissertations
- Web documents
- Web pages
- Weblogs (Blogs)
- Lecture slides and handouts from CULearn
Note: Make sure you space and indent your citations according to The Chicago Manual of Style rules. Entries are single-spaced. Indent the first line of the footnote/endnote 0.5” or 1.27 cm. Single space each note.
Basic Format: Books
1. Author (First name Last name), Title,(Place of Publication: Publisher, date of publication), page(s). DOI, URL or e-book.
Basic Format: Articles
1. Author (First name Last name), “Title of Article,”Title of Journal volume, no. of issue (year of publication): page(s). DOI, URL or e-book.
1. Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Berkeley: University of California Press, 1985),OneClickDigital e-book.
4. Computer-Administered Surveys in Extension," Journal of Extension 33 (June 1995): 16, http://www.joe.org/june33/95.html.
9. Martin Patriquin, “Does Justin Trudeau Risk Being Overexposed?,” Maclean’s, August 26, 2016, http://www.macleans.ca/politics/does-justin-trudeau-risk-being-overexposed/
13. Peter McKnight, “Canada’s Opioid Crisis: We Are All Enablers, Globe and Mail, August 27, 2016, http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/canadas-opioid-crisis-we-are-all-enablers/article31582656/
8. Fatemeh Bagherian, “An evaluation of Carleton hotline for administration and teaching "CHAT," (PhD diss., Carleton University, 1999), 61, https://curve.carleton.ca/4cb2e7f6-1501-4c61-a224-36ba3ea9214a
3. H. Martin, “Introduction to Organic Farming,” Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, December 2009, http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/09-077.htm.
10. Bob Smith, "Evanston Public Library Strategic Plan, 2000-2010: A Decade of Outreach."Evanston Public Library, http://www.epl.org/staff/strategic-plan-00.php.
17. Catholicgauze, “United States of (Google) Autocomplete,” Geographic Travels (blog), December 5, 2010, http://www.geographictravels.com.
7. Richard Nimijean, “Doing Research in Canadian Studies” (lecture, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, May 2, 2016).