We collect all Master's (including Research Essays) and PhD theses completed at Carleton.
Search our library catalogue by author's name, by title, or use our keyword search for more flexibility.
If you want to do a keyword search for theses you have to use the advanced search screen and choose the "Location" limit to be "theses". Keywords can include author names, words from the title or subjects, and the name of the department.
You can also browse all of the theses from a given department by doing an AUTHOR search for:
Carleton University Theses and Dissertations XXXXXXX (where XXXXXXX is the name of the program)
Note that if the graduate program has changed names over the years, the theses will be found under all the different program names. For example:
- M.A in Linguistics and Applied Language Studies : 1994-2008
- M.A in Applied Language Studies: 2009-2010
- M.A in Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies: 2011--
Sample Catalogue Record
- This is the brief display from our catalogue. To get the full display which will include ALL online links, notes, subject headings, department name etc click on the title.
- Most of our theses are available in .pdf online: look for the "connect online" link.
- The print copies of our theses are kept in our Storage Facility building. If there are 2 print copies, then the 2nd copy can be borrowed (click on the Hold/Request link to have it sent from Storage to the Library for you).
- If it is a Master's Research Essay and not a full Master's Thesis, we only have one print copy, which can not be borrowed, but can be consulted in the Library.