While the library building is closed, all digital and electronic materials are still accessible with the library’s search box OMNI!
Physical format materials are temporarily unavailable at this time.
Although the library building is temporarily closed, we continue to work remotely to provide most services. We are here for you!
- Get help with OMNI: Our OMNI Help Guide has additional search tips and detailed help on finding electronic resources with OMNI.
- Get research Help for navigating OMNI and other electronic resources is available from librarians and through chat and text.
- Get support by submitting one of our support forms to report electronic resource connection problems, account assistance, and other inquiries.
Currently accessible resources include:
- Databases, e-books, e-journals and articles
- Electronic maps and atlases
- Streaming video
- Ares Course Reserves in electronic format
Temporarily unavailable resources include:
- Print materials (books, journals, maps and atlases, etc.)
- CD, DVD, and Emerging Technology collections
- Board game and video game collections
- Ottawa Resource Collection, archival collections, and rare books collection
- Ares Course Reserves in print format
Follow these tips to retrieve materials in OMNI that you can access right away:
- Searching directly from the library homepage will retrieve results in both physical and digital formats.
To find online resources only, select the “Available Online” filter in OMNI. This will remove all physical format materials from your search results.
- Some keyword searches will suggest some recommend databases for you. Alternatively, use the Databases link on the library homepage or directly in OMNI, to search individual electronic databases.
Found a resource that you aren’t sure is available electronically? If it looks like we don’t have access to an electronic copy or if you require further help, we are here for you!
- When viewing a print resource in Omni, click on the link under “How to Get It” to submit a request for electronic format. Our Interlibrary Loan team may be able to locate a digital copy for you.
The Library is here for you! We will continue to keep you updated on any changes to library services.