While the library building is closed, all digital and electronic materials are still accessible through Omni.
Currently accessible resources include:
- Databases, e-books, e-journals and articles
- Some print materials can accessed online through HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service
- Some print materials can borrowed through our curbside pickup and mailing service.
- Electronic maps and atlases
- Streaming video
- Ares Course Reserves in electronic format
Temporarily unavailable resources include:
- Some print materials (books, journals, maps and atlases, etc.)
- CD, DVD, and Emerging Technology collections
- Board game and video game collections
- Ottawa Resource Collection, archival collections, and rare books collection
- Ares Course Reserves in print format
Follow these tips to retrieve materials in OMNI that you can access right away:
- Searching directly from the library homepage will retrieve results in both physical and digital formats.
To find online resources only, select the “Available Online” filter in OMNI. This will remove all physical format materials from your search results.
- Some keyword searches will suggest some recommend databases for you. Alternatively, use the Databases link on the library homepage or directly in OMNI, to search individual electronic databases.
Found a resource that you aren’t sure is available electronically? If it looks like we don’t have access to an electronic copy or if you require further help, we are here for you!
- When viewing a print resource in Omni, click on the link under “How to Get It” to submit a request for electronic format. Our Interlibrary Loan team may be able to locate a digital copy for you.
The Library is here for you! We will continue to keep you updated on any changes to library services.