Notice to our library community:
The safety of the Carleton community, including our students, faculty and staff, is our top priority. We are following the advice of Environmental, Health and Safety with a carefully planned and phased approach to reopening the library facility, in accordance with Public Health guidelines.
Please note the following updates:
- The library building remains closed for the time being, but we are working towards a limited reopening of one floor on August 24th. See details on our reopening plan.
- The print collection is available through curbside pickup and mailing service and HathiTrust Temporary Access Service.
- Interlibrary loans of print items continue to be on hold as university libraries across Canada focus on serving their own communities and many of these libraries remain fully closed. See this statement from Ontario Council of University Libraries.
- Borrowed library materials may be returned to any of our three returns bins (Library Road, Tunnel, Level 2 main entrance). See further details.
- All other services and access to our online collection continues to be available on our website.
We are constantly evaluating the current situation and adapting to new guidelines. Updates to our plan will be posted to our website.