The Library building will remain closed for the time being.
The Library's online resources remain accessible, and research support is still available online.
See below for more information on changes to our services.
Getting help at the Library
To contact or get help at the library, please use e-mail, online chat, or texting services.
The library's voice phone lines are not being monitored.
Circulation and service questions: email@example.com
For research support, see: Get help from the Library for your online teaching, learning, and research.
For more contact options for various library services or departments, please see the changes listed see below.
Changes to Opening Hours
March 17th to April 30th (subject to change)
|Library building is closed
Changes to Library Services
The following changes are in effect from March 16, 2020 to April 20, 2020.
Archives and Special Collections
- There will be no access to the physical material that comprise the Ottawa Resource Collection, archival collections, and rare books collection.
- All general inquiries and reference questions concerning Archives & Special Collections should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Borrowing / Circulation
Due dates for currently checked out material have all been extended and late fees associated with the closure will be waived. There is no need to worry about returning your items during the closure.
However, if you want to return your items, book drops are accessible in the foyer, by the tunnel entrance, and in exterior slot on Library Road. Please note because the library is closed these books will remain on your Omni account until staff return to the building and are able to check them in.
If you have left the city and have library materials, once Ontario University libraries open again these can be returned to any academic library in Ontario.
- The reserves desk will be closed. Faculty and staff who need material for the current and upcoming terms should contact email@example.com. At this time, staff are investigating and adding electronic reserve materials as alternatives for winter term wherever possible. Students should continue to check Ares for updates and contact staff with any questions.
Graduate Study Spaces
- Due to the closure of the Library, return of keys for graduate study rooms will be postponed to a later date. No fines will be incurred.
- Interlibrary Loans is open for electronic materials only. Requests submitted in RACER are being monitored regularly by staff. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Laptops may still be available; their availability can be verified by contacting email@example.com. Please do not come to the library; you will be contacted.
- Due dates have been extended for students who have already borrowed a laptop. Please contact the ITS Service Desk for more information.
Library Service Desk
- For questions regarding renewals, library accounts, holds, returning material, and charges please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be answering service questions in-person at the service desk.
- There will be a complete suspension of late fees during this period.
New Sun Joy Maclaren Adaptive Technology Centre
- The Centre will be closed from Monday, March 16 through April 30.
We are no longer providing in person research help at the library. If you need research support assistance please contact us one of the following ways:
|Email: email@example.com||Monday-Friday: 8:30-4:30|
|Monday - Thursday: 10 am - 10 pm
Friday: 10 am - 5 pm
Saturday - Sunday: 12 - 6 pm
- Group study rooms are not available for booking.
- Classrooms and meeting rooms in the library are not available for booking.
- Transcription Services is currently taking requests for digitization during this time based on availability. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To access available e-books through the ACE portal, please contact Transcription Services for a token. Please check ARES for course readings.