Some of the library’s online services will be unavailable starting the evening of Friday, Feb. 8 and lasting into Saturday evening, as the provider performs maintenance.
What is the impact?
- The GetIt button will not work in our databases (including “Get It” links in Google Scholar)
- Summon will still be available to search but links in Summon that go through 360Link won’t work. Direct links to fulltext in Summon will be working, which is great but also makes it difficult to explain to users why some links will work and some will not. Most users don’t know what 360Link or a link resolver is.
- The eJournal A-Z list won’t be available
What are the workarounds?
- Direct links to publisher sites will work, so you can access fulltext articles in Google Scholar (or even regular Google) on campus where there are direct links (and not the “Get It @ Carleton U” link).
- Off-campus, Google Scholar can be buggy so using the campus VPN is the best route (learn how to set up campus VPN)
- Scholar’s Portal Journals is a good source of fulltext journals
- Search the library catalogue for the journal titles you’re looking for. If we subscribe to them online, you can access them from there
- Fulltext content within databases (e.g. JSTOR, Business Source Complete) will still be available
- Use our chat help service (available 12 – 6pm on Saturday) to figure out which of these workarounds is best for you
When exactly is the downtime?
- 24 hours starting Friday, Feb. 8 at 8pm (so Friday night and all day Saturday).