We are now offering a Scan on Demand service. With this service, Carleton faculty, staff and students are now able to request portions of eligible library materials to be scanned. Once processed, the link to access your material will be sent to your Carleton email address.
At this time, Alumni and community borrowers are not eligible while we focus on the teaching and research needs of Carleton University faculty and students.
Eligible materials include chapters from books, articles, government documents and other print items in the collection, subject to certain limits defined by copyright. Scan on demand delivery is limited to one chapter per book, one article per journal volume, or an excerpt of 10% of a total work.
A limit of 10 requests may be submitted at one time.
How to Place a Request
- Login to your Library Account
- In OMNI, search for an item in the library collection.
- Select "Request Curbside Pick-up/Mail Delivery/Scan on Demand".
- Complete form with any additional citation information, such as chapter or article title, and page numbers.
- Accept the Copyright statement.
- Click "Submit".
How Scan on Demand Delivery Works
- Our staff will scan the document, if print item is available in the collection, within 2-4 business days from the time the request is placed.
- You will receive an email with instructions to access your document using your MyCarletonOne account.