During the COVID-19 service disruption, the Library building is closed.
The Library's online resources remain accessible, and research support is still available online.
See below for more information on changes to our services.
Getting help at the Library
To contact or get help at the library, please use e-mail, online chat, or texting services.
The library's voice phone lines are not being monitored.
For circulation and service questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For research support, see Get help from the Library for your online teaching, learning, and research.
For more contact options for various library services or departments, please see the changes listed see below.
Accessing Library Resources
See: Accessing Library Resources During Library Building Closure
***New Service: Curbside Pick-up and Mail Delivery of Print Collection***
Carleton University Library is now offering curbside pick-up and mail delivery for our print collection while the library facility is closed. This service is guided by public health recommendations and the province's essential services order. Eligible items in the first phase are those that are in our collection and not available from HathiTrust Temporary Access Service (HTAS) and online (eBook).
The Library building remains closed at this time.
For more information please visit: Curbside Pick-up and Mail Delivery of Library Print Collection
Changes to Library Services
Archives and Special Collections
- There will be no access to the physical material that comprise the Ottawa Resource Collection, archival collections, and rare books collection.
- All general inquiries and reference questions concerning Archives & Special Collections should be sent via email to: email@example.com.
Borrowing / Circulation
Recently we extended the due dates of library material until August 31st 2020 as the Library Building is still closed. However, we are now accepting returns for items checked out. Items can be returned to one of the book slots at the library. Please note that there will be a delay of checking in materials in accordance with our new book handling procedures so you may still see items on your account for up to 5 business days after the items are returned.If you have returned material recently, the items will still appear on your library account as items are currently not being check in.
If you have interlibrary loan items that you received before we closed, please follow the same guidelines as above.
For graduating students:
If you still have materials checked out on your Library account this will not impact your graduation.
Please return your library materials if you are able to or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The reserves desk will be closed. Faculty and staff who need material for the current and upcoming terms should contact email@example.com. At this time, staff are investigating and adding electronic reserve materials as alternatives wherever possible. Students should continue to check Ares for updates and contact staff with any questions.
Graduate Study Spaces
- Due to the closure of the Library, return of keys for graduate study rooms will be postponed to a later date. No fines will be incurred.
- Interlibrary Loans is open for electronic materials only. Requests submitted in RACER are being monitored regularly by staff. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Laptops may still be available; their availability can be verified by contacting email@example.com. Please do not come to the library; you will be contacted.
- Due dates have been extended for students who have already borrowed a laptop. Please contact the ITS Service Desk for more information.
Library Service Desk
- For questions regarding renewals, library accounts, holds, returning material, and charges please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be answering service questions in-person at the service desk.
- There will be a complete suspension of late fees during this period.
New Sun Joy Maclaren Adaptive Technology Centre
We are no longer providing in person research help at the library. If you need research support assistance please contact us one of the following ways:
- Group study rooms are not available for booking.
- Classrooms and meeting rooms in the library are not available for booking.
- Transcription Services is currently taking requests for digitization during this time based on availability. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- To access available e-books through the ACE portal, please contact Transcription Services for a token. Please check ARES for course readings.