Current Status: Limited reopening
- Only current students and faculty will be permitted to access the library building.
- Entering and exiting the library will be from the Level 2, main entrance only.
- Anyone wanting to enter the building will need to have their student/staff ID card available.
- No more than 100 people will be able to visit Level 2 at any given time.
- Wearing a mask will be required, as per Carleton's Covid-19 Mask Policy (pdf).
- Only Level 2 is opening as a study space. All other levels remain closed to visitors.
- Library stacks remain closed. The print collection is available through curbside pickup and mailing service and HathiTrust Temporary Access Service.
- All other services and materials are available through our website.
- Returns of borrowed library materials will continue to be to one of the three returns bins (Library Road, Tunnel, Level 2 main entrance).
- Seating will be physically distanced, and cleaning supplies available for people to use.
- Group rooms will not be available for booking. Instead, these rooms will be for individual use only on a first come, first served basis.
- A limited number of computer workstations will be accessible on a first come, first served basis.
- Bloomberg terminals are not accessible in person. See Access Bloomberg off campus.
- Access to the New Sun Joy MacLaren Centre is by appointment only.
- PageBreak (Starbucks) remains closed.
Planning for a gradual reopening of floors and face-to-face services is underway and more information will be added here as it becomes available.