There are many journals that might have articles dealing with sign language and deaf studies. The following is a selection of the ones our library has access to.
You can go directly to the journal through the links below but you will also find articles from these journals when you search the different journal article databases we provide. For example, almost all of the titles listed below are included when you searched the LLBA database
NOTE: we don't always have ALL years of a journal, so make sure to check our coverage.
- Current issues in language planning
- Deafness and education international (not all years available)
- International journal of the sociology of language
- Journal of deaf studies and deaf education
- Journal of linguistic anthropology
- Language culture and curriculum
- Language in society
- Language policy
- Language problems and language planning
- Sign language and linguistics
- Sign language studies
Journal Article Databases
There are many different databases that the library provides that will let you search thousands of journals at the same time. Some of these are very multidisciplinary, some of them focus on specifc subject areas.
- LLBA: Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts
- ERIC: covers all areas of education including the teaching of languages
- Sociological Abstracts: covers sociolinguistics, sociology of education, social aspects of sign language
- Proquest Databases: all of the above are databases we get from Proquest. You can choose to search all of them at the same time through this link
- Web of Science: a multidisciplinary database with a misleading name! It doesn't cover just science!
- Summon: Search box on the library home page, this is our discovery search service that lets you search our library catalogue and the majority of other sources we have available