Consult the help guide on writing an annotated bibliography on the right-hand side of this page.
- Annotated bibliographies (Purdue Online Writing Lab)
- How to Write an Annotated Bibliography (Simon Fraser University)
- How to Write Annotated Bibliographies (Memorial University)
- Writing an Annotated Bibliography (University of Toronto)
- Doing your literature review : traditional and systematic techniques
H62 .J44 2011 [see p. 93]
- On Compiling an Annotated Bibliography
Z1001 .H33 2000
Citing and referencing
APA is the approved citation style. See the guides below:
Also consult the Purdue OWL.
Books on writing papers
These books will help you think through how to construct your essay. They also provide research strategies.
- The Craft of Research
[many editions in print and electronic formats]
- Fit to print: the Canadian student's guide to essay writing
LB2369.B83 2013 [there are also previous editions]
- Social sciences research : research, writing, and presentation strategies for students
H62 .S736 2008
- Making sense : a student's guide to research and writing : social sciences
H62 .N687 2007 [this copy at the research help desk; other editions available]
- Writing in the social sciences : a guide for term papers and book reviews
PE1479.S62 M85 2010
Writing Services also help you with this process. They are not an editing service, but they can provide feedback on the clarity and organization of your paper. Make an appointment or drop in on the 4th floor of the Library.