Search the business literature and business news sources for information on companies and articles on trends within an industry.
It the company is publicly traded, you may find a SWOT analysis
- Go to Business Source Complete and search for your company name. Scroll down and limit by Company Report and SWOT Analysis.
- Try Passport. Select Companies from the top tab and key in your company name. Select relevant segment and open the profile. Look in the table of contents for a SWOT analysis.
Look to the company's web site for valuable information: Read the Management Discussion and Analysis - (MD&A) section of the Annual Report or 10k. Read the letter to the shareholders from the CEO in the company's annual report.
Look for information on the industry
Select Industries on the top toolbar and go to Country Reports
Look for valuable information and data from trade associations
Google the industry + country + associations to find trade associations
Additional company and industry data can be found
- Industry Sector Intelligence - Industry Canada
- Factiva Mouse over Companies/Markets from menu bar at top of page. Key in company or select industry from the list provided. Published profiles are found under Analysis and Profiles from menu on left.
- Conference Board of Canada e-Library Browse by topic -> Industry Sector Economics for industry profiles or enter industry name in the search box.