Research Starting Points
- Passport - Get country reports for Industries, Economy, Business Conditions, Environment, Consumer Behavior and Demographics. Get company and market information.
- Business Source Complete - Get country reports, industry reports and trade journal articles.
- Nexis Uni - Get country, industry and company reports.
- Doing Business from the World Bank
- Data from international organizations (OECD iLibrary/ World Bank World Development Indicators/ UNdata)
In Passport search by country
From the top tool bar select
The Related Statistics provides census data. Select time series, by year - choose relevant years and click on Apply.
- Education Statistics (EdStats) from the World Bank
- In Passport, select Consumers and explore under headings Households and Lifestyles.
- globalEdge, select country to see languages, ethnic groups, religions as well as links to other sources.
- Hofstede Centre - provides country based cultural analysis, comparisons and scores.
- EIU.com - provides economic and financial data
- World Economic Forum The Global Competitiveness Report
- globalEdge - select country, economy
- EIU.com provides political structure (look under Summary)
- globalEdge includes political structure, international relations and international organization participation in the Government section.
- World Fact Book by the CIA includes information on country legal systems.
- globalEdge - Look for the Country Commercial Report.
Look for data and information that will help you examine and analyze one of two variables:
- Technologies USED by the industry you are analyzing e.g. fracking by oil and gas
- Technologies that are essentially substitutes for the products provided by the industry being analysed e.g. online advertising with Google and Facebook displacing print advertising at Postmedia
- Passport - ranks countries by technology - go to Consumers, Digital Consumer
- search relevant keywords in the search box for trends and new products.
- Gartner - Information Technology related information. Generally not country specific.
Global Information Technology Report (World Economic Forum)