- Global Competitiveness Report from the World Economic Forum. The report includes a country's performance and ranks countries by numerous factors.
- World Competitiveness Online provides country profiles and rankings
Conference Board of Canada e-Library
Browse by topic Economic Trends for forecasting at federal, provincial and municipal levels in Canada.
Includes consumer and business confidence reports.
CANSIM - Statistics Canada's main database(free version) CANSIM II (able to change frequency and chart)
Search North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) 2012 to determine the code for an industry
Ststistics Canada may not be the only source of the statistics needed - there may be another department or agency, or international body - e.g National Energy Board; NATS - National Transportation Statistics. The customized Google search engines for government information may help identify relevant resources
- USA.gov - Data and Statistics
- 2012 Statistical Abstract - continued by ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States
- GeoFred (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis)
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
World Economic Outlook (International Monetary Fund) - publication has an underlying database. Note link to Data - leads to many databases - one of which is Principal Global Indicators. Further data is available from OECD iLibrary