Use these resources to generally orient yourself to external factors affecting your market and industry.
- Business Source Complete - Find a country report that will describe general economic and political trends. To access these type the name of the country in the search box and select country report as the publication type.
- Passport - Get country reports on consumer behavior, demographics and economics. Find reports on technological trends.
- Bloomberg - Use the BI function to find detailed reports on industries and economies.
- Conference Board of Canada - Reports on Canadian economy at the national, provincial and local level. Also contains reports on Canadian Industries.
- globalEDGE - Provides an overview and data for countries as well as links to other sources.
Find Industry Specific Resources
Use Google to identify government bodies, associations and trade journals relevant to your industry. These will often provide information on TESP factors that affect the industry. Examples are Canadian Dairy Information Centre, Canada Energy Regulator, Railway Association of Canada and Canadian Grocer.
Look for Reports from Consulting Firms
Major consulting firms publish reports on trends affecting an industry. These include TESP factors. Major consulting firms include: