TIP: Search NAICS 2012 to get the NAICS code for an industry
Global (also includes Canadian data)
- WRDS Wharton Research Data Services
- Mergent Online (includes Mergent Industry Reports)
Look for a SWOT anaylsis:
- Go to Business Source Complete and search for your company name. Scroll down and limit by SWOT Analysis.
- Try Passport. Select Companies from the top tab and key in your company name. Select relevant segment and open the profile. Look in the table of contents for a SWOT analysis.
- Look to the company's web site for valuable information: Read the Management Discussion and Analysis - (MD&A) section of the Annual Report or 10k. Read the letter to the shareholders from the CEO in the company's annual report.
Industry Data & Reports
- Bloomberg - go to BI for industry data. Use command ANR for analyst recommendations.
- Business Source Complete - search your topic, product, company or industry. Under Refine your results choose Industry Overview and Industry Profile.
- Mergent Online - when connected, select the Report Search tab from the menu. Select industry of interest and then geographical region.
- Factiva - mouse over Companies/Markets from menu bar at top of page, select Industry. Select industry from the list provided. Published profiles are found under Analysis and Profiles from menu on left.
- Passport - Select Industries from the menu tab and narrow by country.
- Conference Board of Canada e-Library - Browse by topic -> Industry Sector Economics for industry profiles or enter industry name in the search box.
- HighBeam Business: Industry Reports Free industry reports from The Gale Group on US industries.
Look for valuable information and data from trade associations
Google the industry + country + associations to find trade associations