Grey literature is an important source of information.
Grey literature is defined as "information produced on all levels of government, academics, business and industry in electronic and print formats not controlled by commercial publishing" ie. where publishing is not the primary activity of the producing body." —ICGL Luxembourg definition, 1997. Expanded in New York, 2004
- GreyNet International Directory of organizations in grey literature from GreyNet International
- Open Grey
A multidisciplinary database of the grey literature produced in European countries.
Search the internet for government and company reports, white papers, green papers, working papers, fact sheets and more.
BASE: Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
The advanced search allows you to search for grey literature by country, data and source type, e.g. report, conference object or thesis. Produced by Bielefeld University Library.
Policy Reports and Working Papers
- Brookings Institute
- Canadian Public Policy Collection
- Canadian Health Research Collection
- Conference Board of Canada e-Library In addition to the e-Library, look to particular Centres for research on specific topics. Go to Conference Board of Canada and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Select Sitemap. Under Special Projects you will see Centre for the North, Centre for Food in Canada, How Canada Performs, etc.
- National Bureau of Economics Research (NBER) Working Papers
- Policy File Index
- Harvard Kennedy School provides a searchable database of more tha 590 think tanks and research centres.
"Abzu is a guide to networked open access data relevant to the study and public presentation of the Ancient Near East and the Ancient Mediterranean world."
- Ancient Egyptians (BBC)
- Smithsonian – Ancient Egypt -
- Supreme Council of Antiquities, Ministry of Culture, Egypt
"The principal mission of the Ministry of State for Antiquities, previously known as the Supreme Council of Antiquities, is to protect and promote the cultural heritage of Egypt, both independently and in cooperation with national and international organizations."
- Unesco World Heritage List: Egypt
- World Digital Library