Consult the News guide for details of news sources.
Tips for searching newspaper databases.
For current Canadian newspapers/news:
- Canadian Newsstream
- Canadian Business & Current Affairs Database
- CBC News Newswork Collection: The Library has an archival collection of videotapes of the 24-hour programming output of the CBC Newsworld channel, commencing with September 1991.
- LexisNexis Academic
For historical newspapers:
- The Globe and Mail: Canada's Heritage from 1844
- New York Times Archives (1851-2014)
- Toronto Star: Pages of the Past (1894 - 2015)
- Times Digital Archive (1785-1985)
- The Sun (New York), 1833-1840 NSM Floor 1
- Washington Post (1877-2001)
Visit the sites below to see map resources and geospatial data:
- Cultural Atlas of Ancient Egypt / John Baines and Jaromir Malek (2000) MPA G2491.E6B34 2000
- The Penguin Historical Atlas of Ancient Egypt / Bill Manley (1996) MPA G2491.S2M3 1996
- The Giza Plateau Mapping Project (GPMP)
“The Giza Plateau Mapping Project, under the direction of Mark Lehner, Visiting Assistant Professor of Egyptian archaeology at the Oriental Institute, is dedicated to research on the geology and topography of the Giza plateau, the construction and function of the Sphinx, the Great Pyrimids, the associated tombs and temples, and the Old Kingdom town in the vicinity. “
Search Tip: For additional information sources not listed here, see the Archaeology Subject Guide, Finding Maps, and Other Media (Images & Films) section.
- Art Full Text
- Art Index Retrospective
- See Databases tagged “Art History”
Keystone-Mast Collection, 1870-1963
The Keystone-Mast Collection comprises over 350,000 stereoscopic photographs and negatives that depict the world between the late-nineteenth and mid-twentieth centuries. Includes content from Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America, Middle East,
To search for images, select "online items" under "Search this collection."
Manar al-Athar (University of Oxford) -
Free image resource for the study of the Middle East
- Travelers in the Middle East Archive (TIMEA)
The Travelers in the Middle East Archive (TIMEA) is a digital archive that focuses on Western interactions with the Middle East, particularly travels to Egypt during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. TIMEA offers electronic texts such as travel guides, museum catalogs, and travel narratives, photographic and hand-drawn images of Egypt, and historical maps of Egypt and Cyprus.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (US)
- Getty Open Content
- The Archaeology Channel
Streaming media Web site brought to you by Archaeological Legacy Institute (ALI) covers films, news, commentary, interactive programs.
- Films on Demand