Repositories and Archives
"This database holds more than 32 million descriptions of records held by The National Archives and more than 2,500 archives across the United Kingdom. Over 9 million records are available for download."
- Electronic Tools and Ancient Near East Archives (ETANA)
"(open access) ETANA is a multi-institutional collaborative project initiated in August 2000, as an electronic publishing project designed to enhance the study of the history and culture of the ancient Near East."
A respository of documents from the the Bibliothèque nationale de France.
- Internet Archive
This non-profit library offers millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.
- HathiTrust Digital Library
Excellent library of books
- Library Genesis
”Library Genesis or LibGen is a search engine for articles and books on various topics, which allows free access to content that is otherwise paywalled or not digitized elsewhere”
- Digital Collection of Egyptian Antiquities at NYPL
To find some of the gems, scroll don the page here.
- The British Museum -: Ancient Egypt
- Brooklyn Museum : Collection: Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
See also Egypt Reborn: Art for Eternity -
- Canadian Museum of History - Egyptian Civilization
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
Has a large collection of Mediterranean archaeology in Canada
- The Metropolitan Museum of Arts (New York, NY)
- The Virtual Egyptian Museum (The California Institute of World Archaeology)
- Ancient Egypt with pictures and descriptions
- Gregorian Egyptian Museum (Vatican Museums)
” Founded on the initiative of Pope Gregory XVI in 1839, the Gregorian Egyptian Museum occupies nine rooms, with a broad hemicycle that opens onto the terrace of the “Niche of the Pinecone”, in which various sculptures are located.”
University Library Websites
These libraries maintain extensive Egyptology Collections. Refer to their excellent guides for detailed information on ancient Egypt civilization and culture.
- Ancient Near East (UCLA)
- Ancient Near East Guide (University of Michigan)
- Ancient Near East in the Yale Libaries (Yale University Library) -
- Digital Giza (Harvard University)
- Digital Egypt for Universities -
Site includes an A-Z index, maps and timelines.
- Institute for the Study of the Ancient World (NYU)
- Internet African Sourcebook : Egypt (Fordham University)