Use Omni to find books, government documents, conference proceedings, and journals and certain journal articles. Use the databases to search for individual article titles.
Otherwise, try a KEYWORD/SUBJECT TERMS search.
Use boolean operators AND/OR to create a relevant search statement.
Use the truncation symbol * when you want to allow for several spellings or variations on a word.
When keyword searching, if a keyword exists in the subject heading or in the title, the resource is much more likely to be about that topic. You can construct sophisticated searches by specifying that your search terms must exist in particular fields of the record.
For more information, Omni Search Tips.
eBooks can be found in Omni by author, title, subject and keyword searching.
Do a search and then limit your search to retreive only ebooks by using the drop down menu:
technolog* AND policy AND canada
- Brill Carleton University subscribes to two subfiles: Middle East and Islamic Studies (2007-2010) and Social Sciences (2010).
- Canadian Publishers Collection Includes major Canadian University Presses, among them the University of Toronto Press, the UBC Press, Les Presses de l'Université du Québec and McGill-Queen's University Press.
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Ebook Central Fulltext of books from academic publishers, as well as books and reports from Canadian research institutes, government agencies and university centres.
- Oxford Scholarship Online: Religion
- Scholars Portal Books Fulltext available for books from the following publishers: Springer, Oxford University Press, American Psychological Association, Cambridge University Press, Canadian presses and government and non-governmental organizations
- UC Press E-Books Collection, 1982-2004 Collection from University of California Press on a wide range of topics.
- Wiley Online Journals
See a full list of ebook collections.
Other Search Tools:
- University of Ottawa
Database of books and other materials in libraries worldwide. Offers Over 62,000,000 million bibliographic records.
- Library and Archives Canada
- Centre for Research Libraries (CRL)
- Library of Congress
- British Library
- Watmedia: Media Catalog Search
Watmedia is an extensive, searchable database of approximately 50,000 film and video titles which are held by other Ontario universities and can be borrowed.