The Data Centre
Located on the 1st floor of the library, provides quantitative research data from various disciplines in the social sciences, humanities, and life sciences. For help about Data Services, different datasets and statistical programs, please see our Online Help.
Statistical Consulting Consultants are skilled in SPSS and Stata but also have some knowledge of Excel and SAS. Sessions are 1 hour in duration and appointments are recommended. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Maddison Project Database 2018 provides information on comparative economic growth and income levels over the very long run. The 2018 version of this database covers 169 countries and the period up to 2016.
Customized search engine for Government Information
- CANSIM II (CHASS)
- Federal Reserve System
- IMF eLibrary
- OECD iLibrary
- World Bank Data Catalog
Company & Industry Data
- Business Source Complete - search your topic, product, company or industry. Under Refine your results choose Industry Overview and Industry Profile.
- Factiva - mouse over Companies/Markets from menu bar at top of page, select Industry. Select industry from the list provided. Published profiles are found under Analysis and Profiles from menu on left.
- Passport- Select Industries from the menu tab and narrow by country.
- Conference Board of Canada e-Library - Browse by topic -> Industry Sector Economics for industry profiles or enter industry name in the search box.