- Maddison Project Database 2018 provides information on comparative economic growth and income levels over the very long run. The 2018 version of this database covers 169 countries and the period up to 2016.
- EIU.com - provides tables and charting of economic indicators, including disposal income, for all countries.
- Online version of the World Competitiveness Online - analyzes and ranks the ability of nations to create and maintain an environment that sustains the competitiveness of enterprises based on over 300 criteria grouped into 4 main factors: economic performance, government efficiency, business efficiency, and infrastructure.
- globalEdge - user friendly site from Michigan State University providing statistical data and informaition on 202 countries worldwide.
- Doing business - from the World Bank.
Customized search engine for Government Information
- Data Tables from Statistics Canada
- Federal Reserve System
- IMF eLibrary
- OECD iLibrary
- World Bank Data Catalog
Company & Industry Data
- Business Source Complete - search your topic, product, company or industry. Under Refine your results choose Industry Overview and Industry Profile.
- Factiva - mouse over Companies/Markets from menu bar at top of page, select Industry. Select industry from the list provided. Published profiles are found under Analysis and Profiles from menu on left.
- Passport- Select Industries from the menu tab and narrow by country.
- Conference Board of Canada e-Library - Browse by topic -> Industry Sector Economics for industry profiles or enter industry name in the search box.
Specialized reports from reputable sources:
- World Energy Outlook from the OECD
- Global Auto Report from Scotiabank
Look for valuable information and data from trade associations
Google the industry + country + associations to find trade associations