Book borrowing Information:
- You can have up to 500 books checked out at any one time
- Undergraduate students may borrow an item for 28 days (with unlimited renewals subject to recall when another student places a hold)
- You can also borrow books from the University of Ottawa
- If a book you want is checked out, you can use the Hold/Request button to request it
- To renew your books, place requests, connect to e-books, journals, & databases from off-campus you only need your MyCarletonOne login and password
Omni lets you do just one search to find books, newspaper articles, journal articles, etc.
1. Click on Advanced Search and key in your search statement.
2. When you get your results, use the filters on the left side of the screen to further refine your results. Find relevant books, ebooks and chapters within books in our library, or journal articles, etc.
If something is available in paper copy in the library, this search interface will give you the floor location and the call number (which you need in order to find the item on the shelf). If something is available online, click on the "Full-text online" link.
If you know the title of the item you seek, perform a TITLE search.
- Use keywords only, do not search using a full sentence.
- Combine keywords for different ideas with Boolean operators (see Research strategies)
When keyword searching, if a keyword exists in the subject heading or in the title, the resource is much more likely to be about that topic. You can construct sophisticated searches by specifying that your search terms must exist in particular fields of the record.
When you find a relevant title, scroll down to see the subject headings.
Example: silence AND lorde
Other subject headings:
- American poetry -- History and criticism
- Feminism -- Bibliography
- Science Fiction -- History and Criticism
- Short stories, American -- History and criticism
- Woolf Virginia, 1882-1941 -- Criticism and Interpretation
A few book titles:
- The art of poetry : how to read a poem / Shira Wolosky Weiss (2008)
- Listening Up, Writing Down, and Looking Beyond Interfaces of the Oral, Written, and Visual (2012)
- Screaming for change : articulating a unifying philosophy of punk rock / Lars Kristiansen (2010)
- Edwidge Danticat a reader's guide / Martin Munro (2010)
- Margaret Atwood, language, text and system / Sherrill Grace ; Lorraine, Weir.
eBooks can be found by author, title, keyword/subject terms searching.
Do a search and then limit your search to retrieve only ebooks by Resource type.
Other Search Tools:
Tip: Looking for a book title not in our collection? Complete a RACER request and Interlibrary Loans will search and borrow the book from other libraries.