You can also do a Subject search if you know the Library of Congress subject heading:
Example: Globe Theatre (London, England : 1599-1644)
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 --Criticism and Interpretation
For best results, do a search using KEYWORDS or phrases in Omni or subject database to find references to scholarly articles.
Example: Film adaptations
Remember to include Boolean operators, AND, OR, NOT in your search query to obtain meaningful results.
Example: Shakespeare AND masculinity
Shakespeare OR Ben Jonson
Marlowe NOT Ben Jonson
Other tips: Use parentheses, quotation marks, and special symbols for variant spelling to refine your query (See Omni Search Tips)
- Shakespeare : the Basics / Sean McEvoy (2006) (2000)
- Shakespeare the Aesthete : an Exploration of Literary Theory / Lachlan MacKinnon (1988) (Online at HathiTrust)
William Shakespeare and His Plays / Charles Haines (1968) (Online at HathiTrust)
- Reading Shakespeare historically / Lisa Jardine (1996)
- The Re-imagined Text : Shakespeare, Adaptation, & Eighteenth-century Literary Theory / Jean I Marsden (2015) (1995 : Online, Online)
- Shakespeare and women / Phyllis Rackin (2005)
- Thinking About Shakespeare / Kay Stakeholder (2018)
Visit our Database by Subject page and look at the listings under English Language and Literature for other possible resources. If you need to find literary criticism on Shakespeare's works, use the databases listed in the English Language and Literature Subject Guide.