Use reference materials for background information for your topic, or to find good keywords to use when searching databases. These are dictionaries, encyclopedias, guides, bibliographies, indexes and abstracts.
To find reference materials in Omni, perform a KEYWORD/SUBJECT search
for example: english literature AND dictionar*
Encyclopedias and dictionaries are very useful to get an overview of topics and explanations of key terms and concepts of a subject area.
- Oxford Reference (Online) Gateway to dictionaries and encyclopedias in many disciplines.
- Sage Knowledge Encyclopedias
- The Routledge Encyclopedia of Social and Cultural Anthropology / Alan Barnard, Jonathan Spencer (2010)
- International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences / Neil J. Smelser, Paul B. Baltes (2002)
H41 .I5 2001 (26 v. set available online and in print)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Literature Resource Center