This type of search is most often used for finding journal articles that cite a particular work. Many databases provide citation counts for individual articles. Why is this important?
- keeping track of who has cited a given work can help you guage the impact that article has in your discipline
- if the article has been cited, the database will provide a link to the citing articles
- find citation counts for engineering by using Scholars Portal Journals, Web of Science or Scopus
Cited Reference Searching for a known author
- this will give you a count of the number of citations an author has received
- use Web of Science (Cited Reference Search) or Scopus (Author Search)
- you can also analyse the results of a citation