Use the CATALOGUE to find books, government documents, conference proceedings, and journals. Only the titles of journals are included in the catalogue: use the databases to search for individual article titles.
If you know the title of the item you seek, perform a TITLE search.
If you know the author, perform an AUTHOR search. Enter the author's name with the surname first.
Otherwise, try a KEYWORD search.
Use boolean operators AND/OR to create a relevant search statement.
Use the truncation symbol * when you want to allow for several spellings or variations on a word.
When using more than one operator, use parentheses to group words.
Example: canad* and (trade or commerce) and china
Scroll down to see the subject headings.
For more information, consult the keyword search help in the catalogue.
eBooks can be found in the catalogue by author, title, subject and keyword searching.
Do a search and then limit your search to retreive only ebooks by using the drop down menu:
- Brill E-Books Carleton University subscribes to two subfiles: Middle East and Islamic Studies (2007-2010) and Social Sciences (2010).
- Canadian Publishers Collection Includes major Canadian University Presses, among them the University of Toronto Press, the UBC Press, Les Presses de l'Université du Québec and McGill-Queen's University Press.
- Columbia International Affairs Online
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Ebrary Fulltext of books from academic publishers, as well as books and reports from Canadian research institutes, government agencies and university centres.
- MyiLibrary includes ebooks from Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press and Taylor & Francis
- Oxford Scholarship Online: ebook collections from Oxford University Press covering Economics & Finance, Business & Management, and Political Science.
- Scholars Portal Books Fulltext available for books from the following publishers: Springer, Oxford University Press, American Psychological Association, Cambridge University Press, Canadian presses and government and non-governmental organizations
- UC Press E-Books Collection, 1982-2004 Collection from University of California Press on a wide range of topics.
- Wiley Online Library
See a full list of ebook collections.
- University of Ottawa
Catalogue of books and other materials in libraries worldwide. Offers Over 62,000,000 million bibliographic records.
- Library and Archives Canada
- Centre for Research Libraries (CRL)
- Library of Congress
- British Library
WATMEDIA is an extensive, searchable database of approximately 50,000 film and video titles which are held by other Ontario universities and can be borrowed.