Writing your essay or an annotated bibliography
- Writing a research paper video (overview)
- Writing a thesis statement (Youtube video)
- Writing an outline (web page)
- Writing an Annotated Bibliography
- Writing an Annotated Bibliography (video)
Citing your sources
Referencing your sources in an important part of academic writing. Why?
- it lets you acknowledge the ideas or words of others if you use them in your work
- it demonstrates that you are using the scholarly record and can provide authority for statements you make in your essay
- it enables readers to find the source information
- it helps you avoid plagiarism
Instructional citation videos:
- APA in Minutes: In-text Citations
- APA in Minutes: Books
- APA in Minutes: Scholarly Journal Articles
- Quoting vs Paraphrasing in APA Style
Other Writing Help
Writing Services is located on the 4th floor of the library and offers students instruction on developing an argument structuring ideas, writing well, etc. and is part of the Centre for Student Academic Support.
You can meet with a writing consultant during their drop-in hours on the 4th floor of the libary or book an online appointment.