Writing your essay
- Writing a research paper video (overview)
- Writing a thesis statement (Youtube video)
- Writing an outline (web page)
Citing your sources
Referencing your sources in an important part of academic writing. Why?
- it lets you acknowledge the ideas or words of others if you use them in your work
- it helps you to avoid plagiarism
- it demonstrates that you are using the scholarly record and that you can provide authority for statements you make in your essay
- it enables readers to find the source information
If you need help, consult:
Writing Services offers students instruction on developing an argument and writing well.