Use Citation Indexes to find if a particular author and/or paper has been cited by other authors.
- Select Cited Reference Search from top tool bar.
- You have the article
- Burstein, P. 2003 "The impact of public opinion on public policy: A review and an agenda." Political Research Quarterly Volume: 56 Issue: 1 Pages: 29-40
- Enter the author in cited author box
- Burstein P* (use surname, first initial and truncation symbol)
- Enter any other relevant information in search boxes eg. cited years(s)
- From the list, select the article and click on Finish Search at the top of the list.
- Results show the article has been cited 328 times - the most recent in Aug 2018.
Note the option Create Alert to be notified of any future citings of this article.
- Choose Author Seach from top tool bar.
- Enter author's name and affiliation if known
- Pal L*
- Enter Affiliation if known.
- Select displayed result. All published articles by the author will be listed. Click on article for citing references.
Remember to see if an citing article has itself been cited.