Policy Reports and Working Papers
- Canadian Public Policy Collection Collection of publications from Canadian public policy institutes, government agencies, advocacy groups, think-tanks, university research centres and other public interest groups.
- Canadian Health Research Collection of current monograph publications from Canadian research institutes, government agencies and university centres working in the area of health and medical research.
- Conference Board of Canada e-Library Browse by topic or use the Advanced Search feature. Under the site map look at their Special Projects - in particular the Centre for the North and the Saskatchewan Institute for relevant research.
- NBER (National Bureau of Economics Research) Working Papers
- Policy.ca Non-partisan resource for public discussion of issues in Canadian public policy.
- PolicyFile (U.S. Policy) Provides access to U.S. foreign and domestic policy papers and grey literature.
- Social Research and Demonstraton Corporation A non-profit research organization, created specifically to develop, field test, and rigorously evaluate new programs.
- Hillwatch has an excellent listing of Canadian and international think tanks.
- Global Go To Think Tank Index - University of Pennsylvania
- The Grey Literature Report provides an international publishers list and links to their reports.
- Search for Think Tanks using Harvard University Library's custom Google search.
Organizations, Research Institutes, Associations
Search for organizations that represent one nation or multiple nations.
- Kivalliq Inuit Association
- Assembly of First Nations
- Centre for First Nations Governance
- Institute on Governance
- explore their publications
- Canadian Race Relations Foundation
- Inuit Knowledge Centre
Grey literature is an important source of information for research in public policy.
Grey literature is defined as "information produced on all levels of government, academics, business and industry in electronic and print formats not controlled by commercial publishing" ie. where publishing is not the primary activity of the producing body." —ICGL Luxembourg definition, 1997. Expanded in New York, 2004
In addition to the resources above, Grey Literature also includes
- Finding the Hard to Finds: Searching for Grey Literature - University of British Columbia
- GreyNet International Directory of organizations in grey literature from GreyNet International
- Grey Literature Report - provides updates to grey literature on health services and topics.